Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna
It's the Happiest Race on Earth! The Disneyland® Resort and the City of Anaheim, California are happy to celebrate Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend! This event will welcome thousands of runners to the Disneyland® Resort and the City of Anaheim on August 31 – September 3, 2017.
Volunteers are needed for the Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend events including the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo, the Disneyland® 5K, the runDisney Kids Races presented by GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce on the Go, the Disneyland® 10K, and the Disneyland® Half Marathon. Assistance is needed in the following areas: registration, gEAR bag distribution, start area, water stops, finish line and family reunion area.
The Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend celebrates the Anaheim Community Foundation, an organization dedicated to providing and improving programs, services, and facilities not ordinarily supported by government, which enrich the lives of Anaheim residents. With the support of thousands of volunteers, Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend will help to enhance or expand a wide variety of programs that greatly benefit the Anaheim community. The Anaheim Community Foundation is proud of their thirty years of building community through people, partnerships and pride. To learn more visit anaheimcf.org.
Click here to donate to Anaheim Community Foundation
Volunteers are needed on behalf of Anaheim Community Foundation for various roles throughout the weekend including:
- Expo & Packet Pick-Up
Thursday, August 31 – Saturday, September 2, 2017
- Disneyland® 5K
Friday, September 1, 2017
- Disneyland® 10K
Saturday, September 2, 2017
- runDisney Kids Races presented by GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce on the Go
Saturday, September 2, 2017
- Disneyland® Half Marathon
Sunday, September 3, 2017
Medical Volunteer Needs
Celebration Health will be providing complete medical coverage for all Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend races. We invite you to be part of the elite medical team that will provide pre- and post-race support for 17,000+ runners. We’re looking for State Certified/Licensed MDs, DOs, PAs, DPMs, ARNPs, RNs, ATCs, PTs, LMTs, PMs and EMTs to volunteer their time during the event. We also welcome students of these professions to apply. Members of the medical team must be willing to be present from as early as 3:00 a.m. until as late as 11:00 a.m.. To request an application or for more information, please visit www.thesportsmedicineteam.org.
All volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
Volunteers under 18 years of age must have parental/legal guardian consent and must present a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian. Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Children under the minimum age of 14 are not allowed to volunteer or accompany you, NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be told on event day that your services cannot be utilized if you have anyone under the minimum age with you. This is for the safety of your child, all volunteers and participants.
Team Leader Opportunities
Team Leaders are needed to oversee specific volunteer locations, act as volunteer leaders, and must be a minimum age of 18 years old. Leadership experience and previous runDisney volunteer experience are preferred. Must be positive, work well with others, communicate, take direction, and be able to lead a team. Team Leaders are required to attend Team Leader Training midweek in the weeks prior to race weekend and commit to two Team Leader shifts per weekend. To be considered as a Team Leader, you must be registered as a volunteer for Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend.
Team Leader Applications will be available in May 2017.
Event Recognized Group Opportunities
Celebrate Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend with family and friends! Event Recognized Groups will be selected on a LOTTERY basis. Please review the eligibility requirements. If your organization can meet and commit to all requirements, please return to this page in February 2017, when Event Recognized Group Applications will be available.
- All volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
- Groups must consist of a minimum of 50 volunteers.
- Student groups must have a faculty advisor representative (age 21 or over) register the group and be present on the event day for the entire assigned volunteer shift. Each student group must have at least two (2) members of their group (at least one adult age 21 or older), attend Team Leader Training prior to the event, as well as provide one adult (age 21 or over) volunteer per every 15 student volunteers.
- 95% of the registered group members MUST sign-in, sign-out and complete the entire assigned shift in order for the group members to be eligible for appreciation.
- Each Event Recognized Group must have at least two (2) members of the group (at least one adult age 21 or older) attend Team Leader Training prior to the event.
Volunteer Registration for 2017 Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend will open in May 2017.
All volunteers must sign a waiver. Please note that there are separate waivers for adults and minors. Anyone age 18 or older must complete an adult waiver. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian complete a waiver for a minor. All minors must be accompanied by a parent, chaperone, or guardian registered for the same event, no exceptions..
Volunteer Dress Code
All Volunteers are expected to wear clothing appropriate to the Disney style, providing for appropriate covering of body parts and no offensive graphics. For all scheduled shifts please wear comfortable neutral colored shorts or pants (khakis preferred, nice jeans are allowed) and comfortable closed toe shoes. Costumes will not be permitted as acceptable Volunteer attire. Flip flops are not permitted.
In an effort to provide athletes, spectators, volunteers, and staff with the safest environment, listed below are security guidelines. Thank you for taking time to review and understand all initiatives. Additional guidelines may be instituted at any time and your flexibility is appreciated.
- All volunteers will be required to present photo identification upon checking in for their shifts in order to volunteer.
- Volunteers must wear the proper credentials and have his/her photo identification available at all times.
- All bags, parcels, and carry packs will be searched.
- Please keep personal items to a minimum and leave valuables at home. Facilities are not available to store personal items.
- All volunteers must go through the bag check route, with or without bags.
- NO FOLDING CHAIRS. Volunteers are not allowed to bring folding chairs with them.
Volunteer shifts and activities will be filled on a first come, first served basis. The Volunteer Team will try to accommodate the shift and activity selected, however, the Volunteer Team reserves the right to schedule volunteers based on event needs, which includes placing volunteers on a wait list. If a volunteer registers for shifts that occur at the same time, only one of the two shifts will be assigned at the discretion of the Volunteer Team.
A confirmed volunteer schedule will be emailed approximately one month prior to the event. Due to the nature of the event, schedules are subject to change. All volunteers are required to comply with the Volunteer Code of Conduct and sign a Waiver and Permission Form.
The Disneyland® Resort understands that, in the true spirit of volunteerism, you volunteer your time and services to make an impact for the Anaheim community without expecting anything in return. However, to show appreciation to you for your contributions, the Disneyland® Resort will assist Anaheim Community Foundation by issuing volunteer appreciation gifts to each Volunteer who fully complies with the Volunteer Code of Conduct. All appreciation is subject to change and is posted on each event's registration and scheduling request page when individual volunteer registration opens for that event.
Volunteer appreciation is based on the following requirements:
- Individual Volunteers: Each individual volunteer must check-in, check-out, and complete two assigned volunteer shifts Tuesday – Saturday OR one assigned volunteer shift on Sunday, to be eligible for appreciation.
- Event Recognized Group Volunteers: Event Recognized Groups of 50 or more must check-in, check-out, and complete one assigned volunteer shift Tuesday – Sunday, to be eligible for appreciation.
- Team Leaders: Event selected Team Leaders must complete a minimum of one volunteer shift, as well as attend Team Leader Training prior to the event, to be eligible for appreciation.
For events at the Disneyland® Resort, please email DL.runDisney.Volunteers@disney.com