Top 5 Tips For Planning Your Rundisney Nighttime Race-Cation
Another runDisney race season has officially kicked off with the 2014 Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend, but now it’s time to take the fun back to Walt Disney World® Resort for the next two race events; The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler Weekend and Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend. One of these races will have you reaching a thrilling finish in the shadow of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ attraction and the other is the perfect runners’ night out. Both races have you running under the stars and straight for an after party.
Here are some helpful tips to bring out your inner night owl when planning a runDisney-cation around a nighttime race.
- Reset your body clock AND have some fun by selecting activities on Friday night that mimic race hours.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are perfect ways to get into the spirit as these beloved special ticketed events have you up past bedtime. They’re also a great option if your travel plans have you arriving at Walt Disney World® Resort by Friday afternoon.
- La Nouba™ by Cirque Du Soleil®- with 9:00 p.m. showings available on Friday night before both races, you’ll stay up late and off your feet while being entranced by this show unique to Walt Disney World®.
- Make Advanced Dining Reservations on race day for breakfast only.
- Kona Cafe at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort are my favorite a la carte options for a late morning breakfast.
- Snack throughout the day. My advice on maintaining a 4:1 carb/protein ratio; a warm soft-baked pretzel from Germany's Pavilion at Epcot® and a turkey leg from the American Pavilion. We are race-cationing, right?!
- Link a credit card to your MagicBand through your My Disney Experienceaccount for a flawless time during the Disney Villains Hollywood Bash or Wine & Dine Finish Line Party.
- Rock the newest on-course race accessory, a MagicBand, and then use it for purchases as you party into the wee hours of the morning. That’s my kind of Extra Magic(Band) Hours!
- Please note: FastPass+ will not be available during the post-race parties.
- Dry clothes
- Travel-sized pack of baby wipes
- One two-gallon sized plastic bag for your running clothes
- Bottle of water
- Post-race snack
- This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy the day tasting your way around the world without the possibility of new and exotic foods derailing your run.
I hope you’re ready to runDisney at night during The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler and the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon! These unique nighttime race events offer a whole new way to experience Walt Disney World® Resort during the most festive time of the year!
Do you have questions regarding your fall runDisney race-cation? Send them my way by visiting me over at the Disney Parks Moms Panel!
Faith is the runDisney specialist on the Disney Parks Moms Panel, here to answer your questions and to help you plan your runcation!