The Happiest Meals On Earth!
One of my favorite aspects of planning a runDisney-cation is selecting where to dine, and Disneyland® Resort is no exception. With so many unique offerings exclusive to the Happiest Place on Earth, you're sure to find the fuel and fun you have come to expect from Disney Parks. Need some dining suggestions for your next Disneyland® Resort race weekend? Here are a few of my favorite dining experiences for a little inspiration:
- Cafe Orleans—Two words: pommes frites! I also suggest "N'awlins Vegetable Ragoût" with blackened chicken. The vegetables used in this delectable dish are low in fiber once steamed, making it a great pre-race option.
- Carnation Cafe—There is something here to please the whole family while the runners in the group can enjoy penne pasta with shrimp (but go light on the sauce).
Disney California Adventure Park
- Carthay Circle Restaurant—Step back into Hollywood's golden era and enjoy one of Disneyland® Resort's signature dining experiences. You can be sure Chef Andrew Sutton will be serving fresh, seasonal dishes pre- or post-race. The house biscuits are a must! I also highly recommend the World of Color Dining Package, which offers a fabulous fixed dining menu with a preferred viewing option for the World of Color nighttime show.
- Flo's V8 Café—Get your eats on Route 66! And get the BBQ pork ribs... or the roast beef & cheddar... oh, and one of Flo's Pie-O-Rama's!
Downtown Disney District
- Catal Restaurant—Disneyland® Resort's best kept secret! Nestled high above the Downtown Disney District, this signature dining location has never disappointed! The food is exceptional. And when you dine during a race weekend, they offer a special, off-menu pasta dish.
- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen®—I could dine here multiple times a trip just for the New Orleans Bread Pudding! But order early, this rich dessert takes 20 minutes to be delivered to your table.
- Napa Rose Chef's Counter, or "Vintner's Table"—This is about as exclusive as you can get for dining experiences at Disneyland® Resort! And it's worth every quick service meal you need to eat to mark this off your bucket list. I've had the pleasure of enjoying this experience a few times and I am always impressed with each course. Not only is the interaction with the show-kitchen staff great fun, but they've always been so gracious to work around my aversion to seafood.
- Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar—This is usually my first stop upon arrival, well before race day. A "Shipwreck on the Rocks" and a Hawaiian cheeseburger is how I like to start a race-cation!
Favorite Disneyland® Resort Snacks/Treats
- Dole Whip® Float—Tiki Juice Bar, Disneyland® Park
- Chimichanga—Edelweiss Snacks, Disneyland® Park
- Corn Dog—Little Red Wagon, Disneyland® Park
- New Orleans Mint Julep & Mickey-shaped Beignets—Mint Julep Bar, Disneyland® Park
- The World Famous Hot Fudge Sundae—Ghirardelli® Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop, Disney California Adventure Park
Race Morning Options
One aspect of running Disney that is unique to Disneyland® Resort is the ability to grab a coffee and pre-race snack en route to the Start Zone Area. Many of the food vendors in the Downtown Disney District are open to runners/spectators during the wee hours of race morning! No need to skip your coffee run.
Have a Disney Dining question? Send them my way! As the runDisney Specialist on the Disney Parks Moms Panel, I am here to help you plan a magical runDisney-cation.
Faith is the runDisney specialist on the Disney Parks Moms Panel, here to answer your questions and to help you plan your runcation!