A Taste of Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend may be months away, but it's not too early to start planning for this weekend getaway to Walt Disney World® Resort. As registration time approaches, here are 10 facts to give you a taste of the most appetizing race weekend in the most magical place on Earth.
- It's the sixth year of the race weekend.
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend returns to Walt Disney World® Resort for the sixth time with all new medals, mementos and memories to last a lifetime.
- Pre-Race Taste at the Indiana JonesTM Epic Stunt Spectacular! Theater in Disney's Hollywood Studios®.
To kick off the weekend, guests can partake in a private party at Indiana JonesTM Epic Stunt Spectacular! Theater. The event features entry to Disney's Hollywood Studios®, four tastes from the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, and Disney characters as well as other entertainment throughout the evening.
- There's a holiday-themed 5K through Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
Participants run on the "wild side" during the holiday excitement of Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K through Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
- Kids get in the spirit of running at the runDisney Kids Races held at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
From diaper dashing infants to toddler sprints to a one-mile race around ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, kids 13 and under are invited to join in on the running fun at the runDisney Kids Races.
- It's the only nighttime runDisney half marathon.
With a 10 p.m. start time, Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon is the perfect nightcap to your Saturday night.
- The 13.1-mile course runs through three Walt Disney World® Theme Parks.
From ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, runners embark on a journey through Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios® before concluding their race at Epcot®.
- The half marathon course takes runners through the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios®.
Running through this majestic light display is a sight to see!
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse cheer runners on.
Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse welcome you with open arms as you cross the finish line at Epcot®.
- Participants can cheers to their half marathon finish with a complimentary glass of wine or beer.
Included on participants' race bib, runners can use their tear-off drink voucher to delight in a glass of wine or beer after their half marathon finish.
- Runners and spectators celebrate at the Finish Line Party at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival.
After finishing the half marathon, runners are invited to the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival to taste their way around the World as they celebrate their accomplishment. Spectators are also welcome to join and can purchase tickets once race registration opens.
Registration for Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend opens on March 17, 2015 at noon ET. Sign up for a reminder email here.
All event information is subject to change.