runDisney Health & Fitness Expo
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Friday, November 6, 2015 - 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 7, 2015 - 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
7:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 7, 2015
runDisney Kids Races
New Balance Track & Field Complex
Saturday, November 7, 2015
Dashes – 10:00 a.m.
1-Mile Run – 10:45 a.m.
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Start: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
10:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 7, 2015
Finish Line Party
Exclusive After-Hours Party at Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival
10:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 7 – 4:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 8, 2015
All event information is subject to change.
iGiftbag is your virtual goody bag, filled with great offers and special items just for race weekend participants. As the event draws near, be sure to check your iGiftbag as new offers may be added.
Event weekend emails will be sent to all participants with information about your event. Event emails will be posted here once they have been sent. Please note, if you are not receiving event communications, it may be due to opting out of any official The Walt Disney Company emails.
Corral and Bib Assignment
- Each runner will be issued a bib number at Packet Pick-Up. It is the responsibility of the runner to wear the bib during the race.
- If a runner is seen without their bib number while running on the course, they will be removed from the course for security and safety reasons.
- Please remember to fill out the Emergency Medical Information on the back of the bib number.
- The letter on your bib will determine your assigned corral. Letters are assigned based on proof of time provided for the half marathon or your estimated finishing time. Letters are based on anticipated pace per mile for the 5K and 10K.
- No corral changes will be made at the expo.
Proof of Time
Please remember, Proof of Time to support your anticipated finish time must be provided between April 16, 2015 and August 4, 2015.
If you believe you will finish the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon in less than 3:15 hours, proof of time is required for start corral placement. Proof of time is not required for the 5K race.
- Proof of time must be provided from a certified race—10K or longer—and must be from a race after November 1, 2013.
- A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following*:
- Name of Race
- Time finished
*For example, 2013 Walt Disney World® Marathon - 3:35 OR 2013 Disneyland® Half Marathon - 2:25
- If proof of time is not provided by August 4, 2015, data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral.
- No corral changes will be made after August 4,2015.
- For any questions regarding proof of time, please email email@example.com.
- Waivers will be provided on line approximately two weeks before the race.
- You must have your signed waiver and a Photo ID with you to pick up your race packet.
- A parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the waiver for any participant under 18 years old. No exceptions will be made.
You must pick up your own participant packet (which includes your event-issued bib number and timing device) during regularly scheduled hours. Individuals will no longer be able to pick up participant packets on behalf of others.
- Download and complete your personalized race waiver on-line (available approximately one month prior to event).
- Parents or legal guardians must download and complete the personalized race waiver for minors and pick up their packet.
- Visit the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo to pick up your Race Packet.
- You must have a valid ID in order to pick up your packet (driver's license, passport, Military ID, Government issued ID.)
- If you do not have a valid photo ID we cannot issue you your race bib. No exceptions will be made.
- The payer or registrant may pick up ChEAR Squad packets.
- 16 minute per mile pace for all athletes in the Wine & Dine Half Marathon and Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K.
- Runners unable to maintain the pace may be picked up at any point along the course and transported to the finish line.
- A training pace of 15-minute per mile pace is recommended.
- Pace Cyclists will be on the course indicating when runners are behind pace by waving light wands at each mile markers according to the official pace time. If you reach a mile marker with a light wand waving, please note you are behind the required 16-minute per mile pace and can be picked up at any time and transported to the course pick up tent.
gEAR Bag Check is available for The Wine and Dine Half Marathon.
- A clear plastic bag will be issued to you at Packet Pick-Up to be used for gEAR Bag Check service. No other bag will be accepted.
- A numbered bag check sticker will be given to you at Packet Pick-Up. Place the sticker in the clearly defined area on your clear plastic bag prior to arriving at gEAR Bag Check.
- At race completion, your race number will be used to verify your bag when you pick it up.
- Valuable items should not be checked.
- The Event Staff is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- For everyone's safety, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, inline skates, motorized scooters, bicycles, skateboards, canes, crutches, walkers, walking sticks and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. Violators will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
- We can offer human guides to assist registered participants with disabilities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 90 days in advance of the event.
- Walt Disney World Resort Park Rules
Headphones are discouraged due to audio messages that are placed throughout the course to ensure your safety.
Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests. All participants and their Guests may dress as their favorite character, but must follow these guidelines as determined solely by Disney:
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent
- Guests may not wear masks of any kind
- Guests who dress like Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests
- Costumes may not drag on the ground
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest
- Costumes may not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, a race or any race related event/activity unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards
The race will be held rain or shine. If there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff.
The Walt Disney World® Resort Lightning Policy
Event operations will shut down when lightning is 10 miles out from the event areas. Event operations will not resume until the lightning is 10 miles out moving away from the event areas. The Sports Manager will determine this using the *Flash to Bang Rule* and weather radar. The Sports Manager will consult with Walt Disney World® Resort Management on a course of action to utilize the operational rain plan, delay the event, or cancel the event.
*Flash to Bang Rule* is applied by measuring the time (in seconds) between a visual lightning "Flash" and hearing the resulting "Bang". This time is then divided by a factor of "5" to obtain distance in miles. For example, 50 seconds between "Flash" and "Bang" divided by "5" equals 10 miles.
Overall Half Marathon male, female and wheelchair winners will receive their awards at the Awards Ceremony at 1:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 8, 2015. The following awards will be presented on-site at the Awards Ceremony. Please note, overall awards are based on Gun Time unless otherwise noted.
- Top 3 Overall Male & Female Half Marathon Finishers
- Top Overall Male & Female Wheelchair Winner (push rim only)
Masters, Military & Age Group Awards
The Masters, Military & Age Group awards listed below for the Half Marathon will be distributed by mail after the event. (Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.) Because of the number of people who participate in the Half Marathon, it can often take several minutes to cross the start line. In the interest of fairness, masters, military, relay and age group award winners will be based on Net Time.
- Overall Male & Female Masters Champion*
- 2nd & 3rd Place Wheelchair Winners (Push rim only, based on gun time)
- Top 5 Male & Female Military
- Top 5 Age Groups (Male & Female)**
A runner will not receive two awards for the same race result.
*Masters (40 and over) that place in the overall division will receive that overall award only.
**Age Group awards are individual awards and will only be awarded in the Half Marathon event.
All information is subject to change.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
New Balance: Official Running Shoe of runDisneyVisit website >
Ocean Spray Craisins: Official Dried Cranberry Sponsor of Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon WeekendVisit website >
Chiquita: Official Sponsor of Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon WeekendVisit website >
Dannon: Official Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >
Florida Hospital / Celebration Health: Official Medical Provider of runDisneyVisit website >
GoodSense: Official Pain Reliever of runDisneyVisit website >
Clif Bar : Official Energy Bar and Gel of runDisneyVisit website >
AT&T: Official Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >
Fit2Run: Official Running Retailer of runDisneyVisit website >
Apex: Official Sunglass Retailer of runDisneyVisit website >