Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon WeekendResults
Location: HP Field House at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
All runners are required to attend Disney's Health & Fitness Expo for race number and Packet Pick-Up. You will need to download your personalized race number pick-up card/waiver form online and bring it with you to Packet Pick-Up at the Expo when it becomes available online before the event.
Disney's Health & Fitness Expo
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Friday, November 8, 2013
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 9, 2013
Disney Wine & Dine Pre-Race Taste
Party at Lights, Motors, Action!® Extreme Stunt Show® inside Disney's Hollywood Studios
6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Friday, November 8, 2013
Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
7:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 9, 2013
runDisney Kids Races
ESPN Wide World of Sports Track & Field Complex
10:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 9, 2013
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Start: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
10:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 9, 2013
Finish Line Party
Exclusive After-Hours Party at Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival
10:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 9 – 4:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 10, 2013
All event information is subject to change.
Disney Wine ® Dine Half Marathon Course Description
Your Half Marathon begins at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex with a run along Victory Way and then west on Osceola Parkway toward Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. From there, you'll make your way past the Tree of Life, Expedition Everest™, Dinosaur® and then race back to Osceola Parkway and on towards Disney's Hollywood Studios. You'll enter the park in the shadow of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™, run down Sunset Boulevard through Pixar Place, past Toy Story Mania!, and through the Costuming Tunnel in the Backlot on your way to Lights Motor Action! From there, you'll run along the Streets of America, past Star Tours and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular on your way to Epcot®! The course will wind through the picturesque surroundings of Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts and lead you to a finish just outside of Epcot®!
View the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Course
Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K Course Description
Begin your Mickey's Jungle Jingle 5K by entering Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park through the Oasis Exhibits. Race towards Discovery Island Trails where you will run past The Tree of Life while heading towards Africa and on to Asia. Once in Asia, run past Flights of Wonder and Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain™. Continue racing past Finding Nemo – The Musical on your way to DinoLand U.S.A. Once in DinoLand U.S.A., you will run past Dinosaur® on your way to a memorable finish to your race.
View Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K Course
View the official event guide. The Event Guide contains all the information you will need for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend.
Three months prior to the race, event weekend emails will be sent to all participants with information about your event.
All event information is subject to change.
Bag Check is available for The Wine and Dine Half Marathon.
- A clear plastic bag will be issued to you at Packet Pick-Up to be used for Bag Check service. No other bag will be accepted.
- A numbered bag check sticker will be given to you at Packet Pick-Up. Place the sticker in the clearly defined area on your clear plastic bag prior to arriving at Bag Check.
- At race completion, your race number will be used to verify your bag when you pick it up.
- Valuable items should not be checked.
- The Event Staff is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items.
Corral and Bib Assignment
- Each runner will be issued a bib number at Packet Pick-Up. It is the responsibility of the runner to wear the bib during the race.
- If a runner is seen without their bib number while running on the course, they will be removed from the course for security and safety reasons.
- Please remember to fill out the Emergency Medical Information on the back of the bib number.
- The letter on your race number will determine your assigned corral. Letters are assigned based on your estimated finishing time.
- In order to change your assigned corral, please bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth after you pick up your race bib at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Official Race number pick-up/waiver forms are now ready to be downloaded.
- You must have your signed waiver and a Photo ID with you to pick up your race packet.
- A parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the waiver for any participant under 18 years old. No exceptions will be made.
Click here to download and print your race number pick-up/waiver form now!
- Download and complete your personalized race number pick-up card and waiver on-line (available approximately one month prior to event).
- Visit Disney's Health & Fitness Expo at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to pick up your Race Packet.
- If you're unable to attend Packet Pick-Up, someone may pick up your packet on your behalf. He/she MUST have their own photo I.D. plus:
- A copy of the participants Photo ID
- Packet Pick-Up Authorization Form (available about one month before the event)
- Event waiver signed by the participant (available about one month before event)
- No exceptions
Packet Pick-Up Authorization Forms
- 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Packet Pick Up Authorization Form
- 2013 Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K Packet Pick Up Authorization Form
- 2013 runDisney Kids Races Packet Pick Up Authorization Form
- 16 minute per mile pace for all athletes in the Wine & Dine Half Marathon and Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K.
- Runners unable to maintain the pace may be picked up at any point along the course and transported to the finish line.
- A training pace of 15-minute per mile pace is recommended.
For everyone's safety, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, inline skates, motorized scooters, bicycles, skateboards, canes, crutches, walkers, walking sticks and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. Violators will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
Headphones are discouraged due to audio messages that are placed throughout the course to ensure your safety.
Costumes are allowed and encouraged. However, face masks are NOT ALLOWED for security and safety reasons. Violators will be removed from the course.
Questionable or offensive costumes will result in the participant being asked to change or be removed from the event.
The race will be held rain or shine. If there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff.
The Walt Disney World® Resort Lightning Policy
Event operations will shut down when lightning is 10 miles out from the event areas. Event operations will not resume until the lightning is 10 miles out moving away from the event areas. The Sports Manager will determine this using the *Flash to Bang Rule* and weather radar. The Sports Manager will consult with Walt Disney World® Resort Management on a course of action to utilize the operational rain plan, delay the event, or cancel the event.
*Flash to Bang Rule* is applied by measuring the time (in seconds) between a visual lightning "Flash" and hearing the resulting "Bang". This time is then divided by a factor of "5" to obtain distance in miles. For example, 50 seconds between "Flash" and "Bang" divided by "5" equals 10 miles.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
The Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon celebrates The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society® (LLS), an organization dedicated to the fight against blood cancers. With the support of thousands of volunteers and participants in LLS's Team In Training program, Disney's Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend will help blood cancer patients live better, longer lives.
To help celebrate, you can make a donation on active.com. LLS uses Disney's Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend as both a platform to create awareness of this life saving cause and to raise much needed funds for research.
About The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, headquartered in White Plains, NY, with 59 chapters in the United States and Canada, is the world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. The LLS mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Since its founding in 1949, LLS has invested more than $875 million in research specifically targeting leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. To learn more, visit lls.org.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training is recruiting now for the annual Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend in November. Since 2010 TNT has had 700 participants in Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon events who have raised over $1.9 million to support blood cancer research and patient services. With TNT, the world's leading endurance sports charity training program, participants raise funds for lifesaving research for cancer treatments and get four to five months of training in return. The program's certified coaches create customized training plans to match each participant's fitness level and help them meet their goals. And a supportive group of teammates are there to encourage you mile after mile.
Participants also get their own customizable web page to help make fundraising easier. Honored teammates, local blood cancer patients, provide inspiration to the team as they train for their events. And now there's TNT Flex, a flexible, customized, online training option developed by TNT's renowned coaches.
Overall Half Marathon male, female and wheelchair winners will receive their awards at the Awards Ceremony at 12:30 a.m. on Sunday, November 10, 2013. The following awards will be presented on-site at the Awards Ceremony. Please note, overall awards are based on Gun Time unless otherwise noted.
- Top 3 Overall Male & Female Half Marathon Finishers
- Top Overall Male & Female Wheelchair Winner (push rim only)
Masters, Team, Military & Age Group Awards
The Masters, Military & Age Group awards listed below for the Half Marathon will be distributed by mail after the event. (Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.) Because of the number of people who participate in the Half Marathon, it can often take several minutes to cross the start line. In the interest of fairness, masters, military, relay and age group award winners will be based on Net Time.
- Overall Male & Female Masters Champion*
- 2nd & 3rd Place Wheelchair Winners (Push rim only, based on gun time)
- Top 5 Male & Female Military
- Top 5 Age Groups (Male & Female)**
A runner will not receive two awards for the same race result.
*Masters (40 and over) that place in the overall division will receive that overall award only.
**Age Group awards are individual awards and will only be awarded in the Half Marathon event.
All information is subject to change.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
H2O Plus: Official Cornerstone Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >
Craisins: Official Cornerstone Partner of runDisneyVisit website >
Chiquita Official Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >
Dannon: Official Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >
Florida Hospital Official Medical Provider of Disney's Princess Half Marathon WeekendVisit website >
Clif Bar Official Energy Bar and Gel of runDisneyVisit website >
New Balance: Official Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >
AT&T: Official Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >