Location: HP Field House at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
All runners are required to attend Disney's Health & Fitness Expo for race number and Packet Pick-Up. You will need to download your personalized race number pick-up card/waiver form online and bring it with you to Packet Pick-Up at the Expo when it becomes available online before the event.
Disney's Health & Fitness Expo
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Friday, November 7, 2014
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 8, 2014
Disney Wine & Dine Pre-Race Taste
Party at Lights, Motors, Action!® Extreme Stunt Show® inside Disney's Hollywood Studios®
6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Friday, November 7, 2014
Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
7:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 8, 2014
runDisney Kids Races
New Balance Track & Field Complex
Saturday, November 8, 2014
Dashes – 10:00 a.m.
1-Mile Run – 10:45 a.m.
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Start: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
10:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 8, 2014
Finish Line Party
Exclusive After-Hours Party at Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival
10:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 8 – 4:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 9, 2014
All event information is subject to change.
Disney Wine ® Dine Half Marathon Course Description
Your Half Marathon begins at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex with a run along Victory Way and then west on Osceola Parkway toward Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. From there, you'll make your way past the Tree of Life, Expedition Everest™, Dinosaur® and then race back to Osceola Parkway and on towards Disney's Hollywood Studios. You'll enter the park in the shadow of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™, run down Sunset Boulevard through Pixar Place, past Toy Story Mania!, and through the Costuming Tunnel in the Backlot on your way to Lights Motor Action! From there, you'll run along the Streets of America, past Star Tours and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular on your way to Epcot®! The course will wind through the picturesque surroundings of Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts and lead you to a finish just outside of Epcot®!
View the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Course
Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K Course Description
Begin your Mickey's Jungle Jingle 5K by entering Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park through the Oasis Exhibits. Race towards Discovery Island Trails where you will run past The Tree of Life while heading towards Africa and on to Asia. Once in Asia, run past Flights of Wonder and Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain™. Continue racing past Finding Nemo – The Musical on your way to DinoLand U.S.A. Once in DinoLand U.S.A., you will run past Dinosaur® on your way to a memorable finish to your race.
View Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K Course
The digital event guide will be posted here approximately one month before the event.
Three months prior to the race, event weekend emails will be sent to all participants with information about your event.
All event information is subject to change.
Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend Tip #1
Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend Tip #2
Final race instructions will be posted here approximately one month before the event.
gEAR Bag Check
gEAR Bag Check is available for The Wine and Dine Half Marathon.
- A clear plastic bag will be issued to you at Packet Pick-Up to be used for gEAR Bag Check service. No other bag will be accepted.
- A numbered bag check sticker will be given to you at Packet Pick-Up. Place the sticker in the clearly defined area on your clear plastic bag prior to arriving at gEAR Bag Check.
- At race completion, your race number will be used to verify your bag when you pick it up.
- Valuable items should not be checked.
- The Event Staff is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items.
Corral and Bib Assignment
- Each runner will be issued a bib number at Packet Pick-Up. It is the responsibility of the runner to wear the bib during the race.
- If a runner is seen without their bib number while running on the course, they will be removed from the course for security and safety reasons.
- Please remember to fill out the Emergency Medical Information on the back of the bib number.
- The letter on your race number will determine your assigned corral. Letters are assigned based on your estimated finishing time.
- No corral changes will be made at the expo.
Proof of Time
If you believe you will finish the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon in less than 3:15 hours, proof of time is required for start corral placement.
- Proof of time must be provided from a race 10K or longer and must be from a race after November 1, 2012.
- A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following*:
- Name of Race
- Time finished
*For example, 2012 Walt Disney World® Marathon - 3:35 OR 2013 Disneyland® Half Marathon - 2:25
- If you do not have a proof of time to submit, list "N/A" at the point of registration.
- If proof of time is not provided by August 1, 2014, data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral.
- No corral changes will be made after August 1,2014.
- As a reminder, you will no longer be able to bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth during the Expo and have your start corral placement changed.
- You must have your signed waiver and a Photo ID with you to pick up your race packet.
- A parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the waiver for any participant under 18 years old. No exceptions will be made.
- Download and complete your personalized race waiver on-line (available approximately one month prior to event).
- Visit the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to pick up your Race Packet.
- You must have a valid ID in order to pick up your packet (driver’s license, passport, Military ID, Government issued ID.)
- If you do not have a valid photo ID we cannot issue you your race bib. No exceptions will be made.
- If you're unable to attend Packet Pick-Up, someone may pick up your packet on your behalf. He/she MUST have their own photo I.D. plus:
- A copy of the participants Photo ID.
- Packet Pick-Up Authorization Form.
- Event waiver signed by the participant (available about one month before the event). No exceptions.
Packet Pick-Up Authorization Forms
- 2014 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Packet Pick Up Authorization Form
- 2014 Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K Packet Pick Up Authorization Form
- 2014 runDisney Kids Races Packet Pick Up Authorization Form
- 16 minute per mile pace for all athletes in the Wine & Dine Half Marathon and Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K.
- Runners unable to maintain the pace may be picked up at any point along the course and transported to the finish line.
- A training pace of 15-minute per mile pace is recommended.
- Pace Cyclists will be on the course indicating when runners are behind pace by waving light wands at each mile markers according to the official pace time. If you reach a mile marker with a light wand waving, please note you are behind the required 16-minute per mile pace and can be picked up at any time and transported to the course pick up tent.
For everyone's safety, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, inline skates, scooters, motorized scooters, bicycles, skateboards, canes, crutches, walkers, walking sticks and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. Violators will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
We can offer human guides to assist registered participants with disabilities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 90 days in advance of the event.
Headphones are discouraged due to audio messages that are placed throughout the course to ensure your safety.
Costumes are allowed and encouraged. However, face masks are NOT ALLOWED for security and safety reasons. Violators will be removed from the course.
Questionable or offensive costumes will result in the participant being asked to change or be removed from the event.
The race will be held rain or shine. If there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff.
The Walt Disney World® Resort Lightning Policy
Event operations will shut down when lightning is 10 miles out from the event areas. Event operations will not resume until the lightning is 10 miles out moving away from the event areas. The Sports Manager will determine this using the *Flash to Bang Rule* and weather radar. The Sports Manager will consult with Walt Disney World® Resort Management on a course of action to utilize the operational rain plan, delay the event, or cancel the event.
*Flash to Bang Rule* is applied by measuring the time (in seconds) between a visual lightning "Flash" and hearing the resulting "Bang". This time is then divided by a factor of "5" to obtain distance in miles. For example, 50 seconds between "Flash" and "Bang" divided by "5" equals 10 miles.
Overall Half Marathon male, female and wheelchair winners will receive their awards at the Awards Ceremony at 12:30 a.m. on Sunday, November 9, 2014. The following awards will be presented on-site at the Awards Ceremony. Please note, overall awards are based on Gun Time unless otherwise noted.
- Top 3 Overall Male & Female Half Marathon Finishers
- Top Overall Male & Female Wheelchair Winner (push rim only)
Masters, Military & Age Group Awards
The Masters, Military & Age Group awards listed below for the Half Marathon will be distributed by mail after the event. (Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.) Because of the number of people who participate in the Half Marathon, it can often take several minutes to cross the start line. In the interest of fairness, masters, military, relay and age group award winners will be based on Net Time.
- Overall Male & Female Masters Champion*
- 2nd & 3rd Place Wheelchair Winners (Push rim only, based on gun time)
- Top 5 Male & Female Military
- Top 5 Age Groups (Male & Female)**
A runner will not receive two awards for the same race result.
*Masters (40 and over) that place in the overall division will receive that overall award only.
**Age Group awards are individual awards and will only be awarded in the Half Marathon event.
All information is subject to change.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Craisins: Official Cornerstone Partner of runDisneyVisit website >
Chiquita Official Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >
Dannon: Official Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >
Florida Hospital Official Medical Provider of Disney's Princess Half Marathon WeekendVisit website >
Fit2Run: Official Running RetailerVisit website >
Transitions: Official Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >
Clif Bar Official Energy Bar and Gel of runDisneyVisit website >
New Balance: Official Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >
AT&T: Official Sponsor of runDisneyVisit website >